Application period is currently closed for this position
West Lake Clinic is a private health clinic offering Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine since 2002. Services include health assessment, diet and lifestyle recommendations, therapeutic treatment with acupuncture, moxibustion, herbal supplements, tuina (acupressure), and related treatments. At present, there are two practitioners. Occasionally, there are allied professionals, including massage, chiropractic, and others.
Duties and responsibilities
Wage and benefits
- The position is for 32-40 hours per week, mainly Monday to Friday. Weekends may be considered.
- Wage is a minimum of $14.50 per hour with the possibility of increase depending on skills.
- EI, CPP, WCB and vacation pay are paid according to Saskatchewan and Canadian legislation.
Screening and interviewing process
- Applications may be mailed or emailed to the Company Contact below by June 12, 2022.
- Applicants will be ranked according to an eligibility scale (attached) and offered initial interviews (phone, on-line, in-person or combination) in order of highest eligibility to lowest.
- Assessment tests will be held either in the initial interview or in a follow-up interview.
- The successful applicant will be offered a probationary position for 13 weeks to assess the working relationship. If both the employee and employer are satisfied, the employee will be offered the permanent position.
Company Contact Information
- David Ip – Owner/Operator
- West Lake Clinic
- 105 McMurchy Avenue, Unit 1
- Regina SK S4R 3G5
- Phone: 1-306-790-9378
- Email: email@example.com
- West Lake Clinic
- 105 McMurchy Avenue, Unit 1
- Regina Saskatchewan S4R 3G5
Duties and Responsibilities
|Herbal medicine||– Advising on herbal prescriptions for patients
– Managing herbal pharmacy
– Ordering inventory
– Comparison of different formulas
– Preparing herbal prescriptions
|Reception||– Receiving patients, enquiries, deliveries
– Phone, email, text
– Handling payments, receipts, cashier functions
– Preparing patient rooms
– Managing appointments
– Cleaning / janitorial
– Prescreening new patients
|Office management||– Tracking, purchasing, and managing supplies
– Bill payments
– Clinic maintenance – cleaning, sanitizing, laundry,
– Possible chaperoning
|Other||– Other duties as assigned|
Applicants must meet the following minimums to be considered for an interview.
- Skills and Eligibility
- 60 points minimum total Skills and Eligibility
- At least some points in every category
- All Required categories
- Assessment tests
- Math and Reading/Writing: Minimum 60%
- Case studies: Minimum 60%
- Name, position or relationship, contact information
During the first 13 weeks, the employer and the employee will evaluate the working conditions and degree of satisfaction. The employer will assess if the Assistant can learn the required tasks, work independently, and increase the productivity of the business. Observations may be requested from associates and clients to help with this assessment.
Training is provided for specific details or tasks but the employee must have adequate knowledge of foundations to build on. For example: 1. Direction will be given for laundry settings but the employee must know how to operate laundry appliances. 2. Training will be given to use a customized spreadsheet, but the employee must already have sufficient experience to use spreadsheet software. 3. Direction will be given for herbal storage, measurement and quality control, but the employee must be able to identify which herbs to select.
We expect that the evaluation process will be continual, and that all concerns should be known by the end of the probationary period.
If both the employer and employee are satisfied with the outcome, the employer will offer full-time permanent employment as described above.
Ongoing performance evaluation is a normal part of permanent employment.
- This position is paid by giving the practitioners more time to earn more revenue. If the practitioners have to correct the work or redo the work, the expected revenue is lost.
- Another source of the revenue is from improving Clinic management, e.g., paying bills before interest is charged, avoiding multiple orders, reducing interruptions. More mistakes means the business earns less revenue to pay for the Clinic assistant.
- After training, the Clinic assistant will work independently, most of the time.
Skills and Experience eligibility screening
|Herbal knowledge||Knowledge of Chinese medical herbs
Experience with TCM herbal treatment
Familiarity with powdered granules
Experience prescribing herbs for patients with pharmaceutical medications
|Reception||Phone, email, text
Receiving patients, enquiries, deliveries
Handling payments, receipts, cashier functions
Preparing patient rooms
Cleaning / janitorial
Prescreening new patients
|Office management||Tracking, purchasing, and managing supplies
Clinic maintenance – cleaning, sanitizing, laundry,
|Financial||Quickbooks or similar accounting software
Bookkeeping (vendors, customers, reconciling, balances, reporting)
Renewing and filing business registrations
|Computer software||SuperSaas, Janeapp, or similar scheduling software
MS Word, MS Excel, email, Adobe Acrobat
|Computer hardware||Startup, rebooting, backup, network malfunction, navigation
|Physical health||a lot of walking a lot of computer use
lifting up to 20 kg, moving furniture, appliances (very occasional)
use of common cleaners, hydrogen peroxide and alcohol-based cleaners
able to wear personal protective equipment (mask, gloves, etc.)
|Language – English||The language of the clinic is English. Most patients and associates speak English. You may require additional effort with some people to be sure information is clear. The Assistant must be able to discuss Clinic services and patient concerns in person, in writing, and on the phone. If English is not your first language, you must have a test score of at least CLB 4, IELTS 3.5, or CELPIP 4. Certification may be requested.||Required|
|Language – Chinese||Many patients and associates speak Chinese. Also, a lot of TCM research and resource material is only available in Chinese, including audio recordings and written material. Chinese language ability is not mandatory but would be valuable.||10|
|Medical experience||First Aid / CPR
Professional medical training (TCM, nursing, physiotherapy, massage, etc.)
- Visits Today: 52
- Total Visits: 43646
- Total Visitors: 2
- Total Countries: 93